Research-development and professional support
Service packages and comprehensive technical support
Feeding accounts for about 60 to 70% of the total costs of animal production; however, it is no secret that the standard of feeding is not the primary factor determining the efficiency of animal production. In addition to providing its customers with high-quality feeds, technical support and services in fields other than nutrition also constitutes an organic part of the activities of the UBM Group. The focus is on different fields by animal species, as there are differences among livestock species in the relative importance of factors influencing the efficiency of production.
Service packages for the dairy and beef industry
Our service package – based on our own experience – supports dairy producers in the following fields:
- it provides a possibility to improve reproduction and farm management,
- in addition to surveying the health and production status of dairy herds, we participate in elaborating complete reproductive management programs and in specific farm management activities,
- we offer udder health and animal health examinations,
- annual training courses in the United States,
- analysis of forages in our world-class laboratory.
With regard to the nutrition of beef cattle, the Cornell Net Carbohydrate and Protein System (CNCPS) provides a unique possibility for optimizing rations by taking into consideration the characteristics of different breeds.
Technical support for the poultry industry
Our most important services:
- optimization of feed formulas and cost calculation,
- calculation of feed raw material prices,
- continuous monitoring of the quality of feeds,
- up-to-date monitoring of product sheets and quality certificates,
- assistance in the licensing procedure of our customers’ feed mills,
- performance of tests necessary for the annual self-audits, together with monitoring and evaluating their results [homogeneity, analysis of macroelements, proximate (Weende) analysis, tests of raw materials and compound feeds in a number specified by the HACCP system, tests for salmonella and toxins, etc.],
- assistance in the creation and updating of our partners’ HACCP systems,
- proposal of solutions for technical problems related to feed mills, active participation in the solution of such problems.
Our service package for the pig sector
- comprehensive farm audits including the farm technologies (methods, equipment, human resources), the genetic possibilities (UBM Genetics), the animal health status, and the available feed raw materials,
- continuously optimized feeding solutions based on the above factors,
- on the genetics side, determination of the genetic objectives and the supply of high-quality semen,
- in the evaluation of feed raw materials, our laboratory background enables us to get a realistic picture and, wherever this is needed, our feed raw material traders can recommend suitable input materials for the farms.
This post is also available in: Hungarian Romanian Croatian Slovak Polish Serbian